Friday, 11 September 2015

Orlando Day 1 - Travel and Arrival

We woke up super excited for our holiday at around 6:00am in Liverpool and travelled to Manchester Airport for an 11:00am flight. I had the nicest breakfast ever in Frankie and Bennys - a knickerbocker glory fruit, yogurt and granola breakfast with lots of tea of course. We flew with Virgin Airlines and I can honestly say it was the best flight I think I've ever had. Their staff were so lovely and helpful, their were so many films to choose from and food was served almost every hour, it was amazing. After nine hours, we arrived at Orlando Airport. We usually arrive in Sandford which is a much smaller airport but quicker to get out of. After a long wait for the car and a scary ride of Dad getting used to American driving in our rented Jeep, we arrived at The Rosen Inn International.



The Rosen Inn is located on International drive and is about ten minutes (if that) drive away from the Universal Parks which are our favourites. We've never used any other hotel the four times we've been. It's a basic hotel but with a holiday like this, basic is what you need. I love all inclusive holidays if it's a relaxing one - but for a holiday like Florida (assuming you're having a theme park holiday) it's so hectic that you literally need somewhere to rest your head at the end of an amazing day.

After getting dressed and unpacking, we had an amazing meal at Ponderosa on International Drive which we had planned to do for months. I had steak and shrimp with veg and loaded cheese and bacon fries (with unlimited mountain dew) which was amazing! You also have access to the "salad bar". In quotation marks because there's salad, cakes, cookies, ice cream, fruit, spaghetti, tuna pastas, cheesy pastas, cheesy garlic break, normal garlic bread etc.. it's HUGE and amazing value!

Walgreens come to the rescue every holiday (they've moved it across the road to where it originally was to anyone who has been) where we buy everything unhealthy to leave in the room for the night time or just hungry days. I also got the cutest Disney Princess bag for the parks as I left my Tinker Bell backpack at home. It's half ten here and I've been up for 22 and a half hours when I find staying up for twelve difficult most nights. I'll try to blog every day as I don't want to miss out on keeping anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment