Saturday, 17 October 2015

Orlando Day 7 - Islands of Adventure/Universal


It's normal for us to re visit the Universal parks more than once and so worth it! Although the Disney parks are amazing and fabulous for the experience and atmosphere, they just don't have that many big rides so it's nice to have a little break to go on some things made for older people. Saying that, Universal has an amazing atmosphere also but it does win with the rides.



After another huge Dennys breakfast, we went back to our favourite park!



We spent a lot of time in the Harry Potter parts this day and properly looked around all of the shops and bought ourselves a few things. I bought myself a Ravenclaw head girl badge, Bertie Botts every flavour beans and a chocolate frog (I got the Dumbledore card. Matty replied with "I've got about six of him". NERD). I got another Butterbeer and we took our time looking around all of the shops. We didn't bother with that many rides, just because it was lovely to look around everywhere.

When we did decide to start going on the rides, it had already been raining quite a bit and made the mistake of going on the Dragon Challenge in the rain. This is one inspired by the Goblet of Fire and is a "dangled leg" rollercoaster. I was sat in the front row on the left, on the end. So the rain that had already fallen was resting on the dragons head above mine, as soon as we climbed upwards when it had set off, all of the water fell right on top of me.. literally a bucket full. Then as its obviously a really high speed ride, I was being pelted with rain as it was going round and I couldn't even open my eyes all the way around. I feel as though how this ride went summed up my life.





No comments:

Post a Comment