Thursday, 5 May 2016

Urban Decay - Alice Through The Looking Glass




Urban Decay Alice in Wonderland Palette and Lipstick First Impressions May 2016


I've been waiting soooooo long for this to come out and literally counting down the days. I miss literally every UD palette - so I was really excited to get this one, especially with it being Disney and Tim Burton! Matty kindly treated me to this as I was so excited!

It was love at first sight. 
The packaging is just amazing. It's mostly black with quotes from the film/books printed on it and full of kaleidoscope designs with really bright, "trippy" colours. The drawer pulls out, with another quote printed on it along with all of the eyeshadows. The lid has a mirror framed by further designs with the classic "we're all mad here" quote printed on the bottom of the actual mirror. 
It doesn't even stop there...

When you open the two "doors", a beautiful blue butterfly is hidden under it which "flutters" as you move the doors. It's really really pretty and just gives it that special little touch!
The colours in the palette are sorted into five rows of four by character. Alice, Hatter, Mirana, Iracebeth and Time

The palette itself is a lovely mix of neutrals, mattes, shimmers and colourful pigmented shadows. Alice and Mirana's shadows are more neutral, with Hatter and Iracebeth being the brighter shades and Time being a smokier set. The shadows are really chalky and are applied and blended so so easily, it's crazy. The palette also comes with a double ended brush for easy application which is really lovely, matches the kaleidoscope design and makes blending even easier than it already is!  



I did some swatching and lots of the colours actually surprised me - the likes of Dream On was petty clear and shimmery once applied. But all of the colours are really buildable which I liked as to be honest, trying to apply bright colours scares me and I rarely get it right! But that's part of the reason I really wanted this so badly as I always stick to neutrals so wanted to be encouraged to try brighter colours which I definitely am now!
Top to bottom:

Cake 

Heads Will Roll

Hatter

Bandersnatch

Metamorphosis

Paradox
Top to bottom:

Dream On

Salazen Grum

Chromosphere

Mirror

Time 



Matty also bought the two Queens lipsticks for me too, named after them (Iracebeth and Mirana). They're literally amazing. I have Iracebeth on as I type, it's so nice, bright and stays on really really well. Mirana seems lovely too! 



Iracebeth is a gorgeous bright red matte and is really pigmented and lovely. Mirana is a matte berry with a tonal shimmer. I have a Smashbox lipstick I use about three times a week in a similar shade - I think it's discontinued now as I can't find the name of it anywhere! But that's running out now so I'm hoping Mirana can replace it!  



I got so excited I had to try them straight away so stayed simple and decided to save my experimenting for later and used Royal Flush, Kingdom and Chessboard. I decided to go for red lips today as I haven't owned one I've really liked for a good few months now so Iracebeth came to the rescue! 



I absolutely love everything about this and genuinely can't think of a single bad thing to say about it. I'll hopefully be doing more posts about this and how I've found them all individually when I come to use them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment